Festival dates are Friday 10th, Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th May 2019
Festival opens 6pm Friday 10th May
We are in the process of making some changes to the layout of the event which will hopefully make the festival better for both stallholders and visitors. With regret we won’t be able to take single day bookings. Changes for 2019 so far:
- The daytime festival will be free for all visitors so we are expecting the attendance to increase to 18,000.
- Extended trading hours for Outside Stalls.
- The festival opens 6pm Friday until Sunday evening. There will be ticketed evening entertainment on all 3 nights.
- 20% discount for local traders within a 5 mile radius of TR26 2EB. We support and encourage local traders to participate in the St Ives Food and Drink Festival.
As we work through the planning and layout of the event, stalls are subject to change.
Your stall number will be confirmed closer to the event.
Please read carefully before you book. Making a booking:
- As the festival takes place on the beach the tides can affect the topography of the sand. Therefore the site map and location of the stalls will be confirmed closer to the event.
- When booking you will need to book a place in accordance to the nature of your business. e.g. Outside Stall, Artisan Tent Independent Food, Artisan Tent Non Food, Charity etc.
- Due to a high demand of applicants, priority is given to Cornish producers. We retain the right to maintain a fair balance of participation.
- Returning traders will be given a two week presale window to book their place, after this stalls will be allocated on a first come first serve basis for both returning and new traders.
- Deposit – Once approved, you’ll need to make a 30% deposit payment within 7 days of the invoice to keep your place. The deposit payment will include any necessary power costs. If we do not receive your deposit within the 7 days we are unable to hold your stall and it may be sold to another trader.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Balance – The remaining balance is due 60 days before the event, 12/03/19.
- If we do not receive your balance 45 days before the event, by 27/03/19 the stall is no longer held and it may be sold to another trader on our wait list.
Green Trader Policy
- Please take the time to read our Green Trader policy, found in at the top of this page, before submitting your application.
- A compulsory Waste Deposit of £100 (Outside Traders) and £50 (Artisan Traders) is payable upon confirmation of your booking.
- Before leaving the event you will need to sign out your pitch at the Event Control Office.
- Traders must take their own rubbish home with them at the end of the event. Please leave your pitch exactly how you found it.
- Deposits will only be paid back to those who have signed their pitch out at the Event Control Office with the team and removed all of their rubbish from the site.
- All traders must provide a copy of their public liability insurance certificate.
- Food traders must provide a copy of their food hygiene certificate or rating. Please read the Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and outdoor catering checklist forms.
- A food hygiene inspector will be present on the day to ensure traders comply with wash facilities, and if required chilled cabinets, hobs, freezers, cleaning products and kitchenware.
- There is a vehicle height restriction of 2.5m (8 foot), all vehicles must be under 2.5m otherwise you will not be able to access the site to unload. There is no other way into the festival site.
- As the festival takes places on the beach you should also consider that you will be required to carry your stall and items across the beach from your vehicle. We advise you bring a team to help with your set up.
- You will be given an allocated time slot to set up nearer the time.
- Traders who require electric will need to send in their complete event power requirements by 01/03/19.
- For outside pitches you will need to bring your own strong wet and windy weather cover, which can be firmly fastened down on the beach. e.g. – self contained gazebo with weights and ropes.
- For indoor artisan pitches you will need to bring your own trestle table with you. Your trestle table will need to be a standard 2m x 1.2m size. If needed, you can hire a trestle table from us. Please specify in the application form.
- If you need to bring a trailer to set up on the day, please request this in advance with your trailer dimensions and this will be confirmed ahead of the event by our Production Team.
- You must not exceed your booked space. Stewards will not permit extra space, under any circumstances. Extra space can be purchased if you are an over sized stall or vehicle.
- If you turn up on the day and exceed your booked space then we may have to move you to another space in a different area, subject to availability and you will be charged for the additional space.
- Your fee includes a listing on stivesfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk
- There is no parking onsite. This includes disabled parking. The nearest public car park is St Ives Train Station. Postcode: TR26 2BH. Charges apply. Please allow time to have to find alternative parking as St Ives is short on spaces.
Dates and Times
- You are applying for 3 days of trading. That is from 6pm Friday 10th May, Saturday 11th May and Sunday 12th May 2019.
- Artisan stall trading times are 10am – 6pm.
- Outside stall trading times are 10am – 10pm/11pm.
- Load in time slots will be confirmed with you nearer the time (Thursday 9th and Friday 10th May).